Company:  XYZ IT Company

Role: Business Analyst

Type: Permanent (No third-party payroll)

Location: Chicago, Illinois 

Joining: 0 to 30 days / Immediate Joiners preferred

pay rate: $50 per H/R


With a conscientious workforce located all over the world, XYZ is the top-ranking analytics firm in the world. This month, ### visited our campus.


Round 1: This round consisted of a 35-item online aptitude test that we had to complete in 50 minutes. 

The question paper was divided into the following three sections:

1. A moderate level of logical reasoning questions were asked.

2. There were 15 verbal reasoning questions, and the difficulty was low.

4. There were 20 quantitative questions, ranging from moderate to difficult (it might depend on person to person)





Round 2:
important technical interview


1. What are the various types of SDLC models?

2. he asked me about some functions of MS Excel and VLOOKUP (I was not that good at VLOOKUP)

3. The interviewer began by asking for a general introduction to myself, my projects, and my hobbies.

4. What exactly does UML stand for?

5. I told him I was interested in geopolitics, so he devised a guesstimate to estimate the amount of rice exported to Afghanistan by India in one fiscal year. I could only solve half of this guesstimate.

6. The interviewer then asked me to estimate the number of people who use the Chicago metro every day (as I belong to Chicago). After this two-guess interviewer asked me to solve the following puzzle:

7. You have a full bucket of liquid containing 22 liters. You also have three empty buckets: one with a capacity of 3 liters, one with a capacity of 11 liters, and one with a capacity of 11 liters. How could you divide the 22 liters of liquid into three equal parts, resulting in three buckets each holding 6 liters?

8. Why is excellent communication ability essential for a business analyst?

9. Then there were some resume-related questions, such as what work I did in college society and what I enjoy doing in my spare time. In the technical interview, he asked me this question.

10. David works as a business analyst. They've been working on a project with a planned approach. The digital marketing team was notified of the new requirements, stating that the product could not be sold without the changes. The new requirements do not fall within the project's approved scope. David should avoid which of the following actions?

11. He said me to solve a puzzle (15 minutes )





Round 3: 


1. After those two rounds, I qualified for the HR round, where he asked me why I wanted to switch from the core to an analytical profile, and then he asked me about the likelihood of getting all heads when we toss three unbiased coins. He then asked me to solve a problem involving calculating the average of students' grades given the sum of their grades. He then asked me statistics questions that I couldn't answer. He then asked the following HR-related questions:

2. Any time I encountered difficulties while working in a group.

3. Asked about home town and how I manage my life after shifting to corporate life 

4. Concerning my family history

5. Concerning both my strengths and weaknesses.


Tips:


1. Be calm and think about your answers; ask the interviewer for time, which they will undoubtedly give you. If you have no idea, finally ask for a hint (I recommend this last if you have no other option). Try to keep only the concepts you are proficient in on your resume.

2. Wait for your turn, and when it comes, don't let anyone down.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post